|Photo: Assumption Parish|
WATCH: The after effects of the event.
As more information develops on the extent and repercussions of the event, it will be shared here.
Flyover videos were performed today:
WATCH: Flyover Videos – March 31, 2014.
Earlier, the Office of Conservation provided the following update on response activity around Bayou Corne/Grand Bayou:
Sinkhole Activity Code 1 – indicating work is allowed on sinkhole and within containment berms. Seismic monitoring indicates low levels of subsurface activity near sinkhole/Oxy 3.
Air Monitoring/Sub-slab Sampling and Ventilation
– Conducting ventilation system inspections
– Continuing de-watering test on ORWs 4 (northwest of containment berm) and 14 (Oxy 9 well pad), 48 (north of containment berm) and OGRW 1 (Oxy Geismar 2 well pad)
– Performing pump maintenance on ORW 4
– Ending pump test on ORWs 1 and 32 (north of La 70, east of Gumbo St.)
– Continuing pump test on ORW 2 (north of La 70, east of Gumbo St.)
– Flushing out ORW 15 (north of La 70, east of Gumbo St.)
– Cleaning screen and filter on ORW 52 (west of Bayou Corne, south of La 70
Containment/ Roads/ Sinkhole/Survey
– Grading south containment berm re-route and preparing for compaction test